Friday, May 2, 2008

Yarny Pictures (Adriana)

I've been sick with a nasty flu all week. Not fun. I'm still not fully recovered.
This is literally all the knitting I have managed to do:

camellia - swatch
It's a swatch in Hempathy for Kate Gilbert's Camellia. I'm hoping to cast on sometime this weekend (if my body starts behaving itself. I wanna be better NOW!!)

Although there's no knitting to show off, I do have some pictures of yarn. I realized today that I have been negligent in photographing recent additions to the stash so I decided to do it today (instead of homework).

mmm cashmere
This is the good-enough-to-eat Handmaiden Cashmere from B.

sunshine yarns
Sunshine Yarn in Poppy (also from B)

sundara
Sundara Sock Yarn Pine over Gold (thanks so much, B!)

mal for granny
B also sent me one skein of Malabrigo in Amoroso. I managed to get my hands on two more on Ravelry. I'm going to use this to make a Clapotis for my granny.

casbah for granny
Also for my granny is this gorgeous skein of Handmaiden Casbah destined to be her Christmas socks (I think I'll do it with contrasting heels and toes to prolong the life of the socks and to make them a little longer.)

Thanks for all the suggestions on yarn dyers in my last post. I'm still having trouble deciding what I want. There are so many gorgeous yarns out there. I promise to report back when I do get some.

I now have 3.5 weeks until school is DONE! (Hopefully forever) Between now and then I have a total of 10 projects to do, and that includes a 4000 word essay. If I don't blog much for the next little while I hope you'll understand.

6 comments:

Bertha said...

I can tell which Malabrigo was mine since it's covered in paper bits. Boo! ;)

Brendaknits said...

Beautiful Yarns. I love the colour of the Sunshine Yarn in Poppy

Anonymous said...

Oooh, yarn. *drool*

Hope you feel better soon. And hooray to no more studying!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh that Handmaiden Casbah is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I have a skein of Sea Silk that looks a lot like that skein of Casbah. I love purple & green together.

Kendyl Young said...

Get well soon! **hugs**