Friday, August 22, 2008

Stash Additions (Adriana)

I totally didn't mean to go this long without blogging but life just never slows down. Once the Fringe was over we immediately had to turn our attention to finding an apartment in Toronto. I am pleased to announce that despite all the agencies that never called us back and all the apartments which were rented out right before we arrived, we managed to find a lovely place to live. It's in a beautiful neighbourhood, minutes from the subway and from Heather! Now I cannot wait until October 1st when it is mine!

Despite the lack of knitting time recently there has been some additions to my stash, almost all the result of a swap.

cashmerino
Squishy Cashmerino in Plum from a swap with Heather

jitterbug
Jitterbug in Alizarine from a swap with Phoe

BSJ Green
Jitterbug in Lagoon also from Phoe which I immediately started to make into another BSJ, this one with an actual recipient in mind!

jojoland
Jojoland Rhythm from a swap with WillWorkForYarn on Ravelry.
I've never used this yarn before so I'm definitely excited to see how it knits up

smooshy
My first Smooshy...
Phoe had bought this for herself but didn't like the colours (Into the Mystic) so she was persuaded to sell it to me. Can you believe that I have never played with Smooshy before?!? I was definitely due. I'm thinking about making Gigi with it.


Now I just need to find more knitting time. Luckily, we're going to visit Pete's parents this weekend which translates into 6 hours of knitting time!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of the new additions! I'm a big fan of Jitterbug in spite of its short yardage. I have some in Lagoon. I may have to cast it on soon!

Bertha said...

Oh, hooray for finding an apartment! Yay!

Also, that Smooshy is gorgeous! I am thinking of making the Tempest sweater from knitty out of it myself!

Anonymous said...

what is the color of that Smooshy? It is gorgeous.

Adriana said...

Ooops, sorry about that. The colourway is Into the Mystic. Isn't it lovely?

Anonymous said...

Congrats again on finding an apartment and yay! I'm glad you like the yarn. :)

Heather G. said...

Soon we will be Friends-who-live-near-each-other-AND-knit-together!

Those are quite the stash aquisitions! I managed to acquire yarn while at the cottage for a weekend. I would have thought I would be safe there, but apparently not.

Linda said...

Hooray for road trip knitting!