Monday, February 26, 2007

Best Laid Plans (Heather)



So. Nothing seems to inspire project monogamy like explicitly stating that I plan on making it a long term work-in-progress.

The yarn supply seems to be holding up very well. I have enough kureyon from the second ball to do the centre of the next square. That means that I can get more than a square a ball... and since I have ten balls total, I might even be able to eke out another row of squares. But let's not get ahead of ourselves!

Two squares down, seven to go. I am starting to think that I should do something really interesting for the centre square. Any suggestions?

In non-knitting and possibly gross news, I whacked myself royally on the edge of my car door while brushing off the car and have the most monstrous and painful bruise about the size of my fist on my arm... I am attending a career workshop in an incredibly hot and stuffy room and now I can't wear short sleeves. I am just going to have to sweat it out, because what can I say about the bruise? I ran into a door?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't do anything extra in the centre square. It is going to be fabulous, you have already taken one twist on the tradional with the colour, you don't need to add anything else.
Hope the arm heals quickly, email me about your course.

Unknown said...

delicious square! i'd leave the centre square as-is.

i recently fell for the first time (this year) and i was sore for days...hope you heal up soon!

Adriana said...

Sorry to hear about the bruise. That sucks!

How come your yarn looks black?

I'd say just make sure that the centre square has the Kureyon as its heart.

I may have talked my mom into letting me knit her a blanket like yours for her new house (at her expense, of course). I can't wait till we get the new shipment of Noro in at the store!

Heather G. said...

Adriana: the yarn isn't black, it's just that I broke my rule and took that picture after dark in the interests of getting a post up. :) It's still dark green.