Monday, January 8, 2007

Block this way (Heather)

Is there anything more satisfying than casting off the second sleeve?

Maybe throwing the whole pile of knitting pieces into a nice room-temperature bath?



Or maybe seeing it all laid out on the bed (I really hope it dries fast...) waiting to be seamed?



I suppose what would be better would be to have it all seamed and zipped up, but that will just have to wait.

Now, would it be better to put the zipper in first, or should I seam the shoulders and knit the collar first? The pattern would have you sew in zipper absolutely last, but then again, the pattern told me I would need 7 balls of yarn...

Finally, a cautionary tale:



Never teach grafting post-dinner in bad light after a glass of wine.

5 comments:

Adriana said...

Yikes! The poor sock. It does not deserve that kind of treatment :)

The pieces of York look great!
You should definitely sew the zipper in while it's still in pieces. It will save you heartache in the end. Plus it's a two-way zipper, right? So you can separate it back into pieces to finish.

Heather G. said...

You do make an excellent point re: the separating zipper. Never thought of that!

Azura said...

I hope the sock can be saved. My sock looks remarkably similar...

Unknown said...

(Don't Fear) The Zipper!

Love,

Blue Öyster Cult

Anonymous said...

You can give me a call if you zipper support, I doubt that you will need to call me. You can accomplish anything. Can't wait to see it on you, the colour is great.