Thursday, March 29, 2007

Audrey (Adriana)

Finally the long-awaited pictures of Audrey shall be revealed! (Sorry for the delay. This has literally been the week from hell at work. 11 hour days are not fun)

The last time we saw Audrey she looked like this:
pieces

The Heather came and taught me the miracle that is the mattress stitch.
Like a good girl I did the raglan seams first
audrey preseaming
(It still doesn't look wearable)

Then I did the arm and side seams and voila!
audrey without lace
It's a sweater! But a rather indecent one so I decided to knit the lace neck edging rather than risk flashing the world.

The lace took way too long and sewing it in was a painful process (mainly because I was so anxious to be done) but the end result was totally worth it.
audrey finished
Look! A finished sweater!

audrey close up
A close up on the lace edging (which I forgot to block) and the sexy darts.

Specs:
Pattern: Audrey from Rowan 35
Yarn: Rowan Calmer in the Calmer colourway (I used the recommended yarn for once!) 6.5 balls
Needles: 5.5mm
Date Started: End of February-ish?
Date Finished: March 25, 2007
(This would have been a much faster knit if I hadn't been so busy this past month).

This was a very well written pattern and an enjoyable knit. The Calmer was a joy to work with. It's so soft and sproingy which is strange because it's mostly cotton! I think this is my favourite sweater so far and the one I'm most likely to wear a lot. It got stretched out from wearing so I'm hoping that a wash will set it to rights again.

8 comments:

Heather G. said...

Mmmmmm! The balcony pictures made me sit up and think 'I HAVE TO HAVE THAT SWEATER!' Nicely done!

Now you know the secret of mattress stitch: it's easy!

Sam said...

That sweater looks great! It looks great on you too. Nice neckline.

Anonymous said...

Great save with the lace neckline, I do think cotton stretching with that previous neckline was bound to happen. Great colour on you. The shaping of the darts wwi great.

Unknown said...

nice sweater lady! it looks great on!

Anonymous said...

That sweater is gorgeous, and looks great on you! Now I want to make one...

Anonymous said...

Excellent sweater! I love the lace neckline!

Anonymous said...

I can't keep my daughter from stealing my Audrey! I love it too. It's a great pattern and you did a lovely job. It does stretch a bit, but it comes right back after washing.

Azura said...

holy gorgeous! and the sweater ain't too shabby either ;)

seriously. you look like you and your sweater should be in a magazine.