Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Blocks 3 & 4 (Adriana)

I hope that everyone had a lovely long weekend. Mine was super-fantastic! We celebrated my granny's 90th birthday with just her immediate family, which totalled 16 people. There was great company, excellent food and I even got some knitting done. But I'm getting ahead of myself.



block 3

This is block #3 which I didn't like very much but now it's growing on me. I tried to force the colours by breaking the yarn and jumping around, which I have decided I shouldn't do. I need to trust that the square will look great without my influence.



block 4

Block #4 is destined to be my favourite. You see, I cast on Saturday afternoon, while visiting with some relatives at Granny's home. I knit away and ended up casting off right before saying goodbye to everyone at the end of the party. My family is so terrific. They were really interested in my knitting and they kept asking me questions (they were particularly curious about spit-splicing). They were very excited when I finished the square before the end of the evening.

I forced the colours on this one just a little because I had some extra green from a different ball kicking around. I think it's stunning and will have to have a place of honour in the blanket.



Granny's socks were a big hit and I have pictures of her wearing them but they are trapped on mom's camera. I will try to get my hands on them soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The squares are looking fabulous.

Unknown said...

those are some fine looking squares! everyone has its own distinct personality. can't wait to see them as a whole!