Sunday, November 4, 2007

Socktoberfest? (Heather)

I didn't officially participate in Socktoberfest, nor did I even think about it until November hit, but it does seem a good a time as any to take stock of my sock situation. An hour and a half a day spent on less than pristine buses and subway cars makes having a sock on the needles at all times an excellent idea. I even stopped bringing coffee to work in order to free up more knitting time. Unfortunately my typically rushed mornings mean that if I have a sock at some tricky stage (it is pushing the limits of my willingness to knit in public to try on a near-the-toe sock), I just grab another ball of yarn and some needles and start a new one.



I must say, purple is starting to grow on me.



I added diamonds to this sock to jazz it up a little.

I finished the first curry sock:



And I finished the first galaxy sock:



So hard to photograph this red properly.



Mike never says anything when I start a new sock, but apparently he does notice. When I laid out these three singleton socks to photograph them, he went off in search of others...



Hmm... I would think this were a problem, but for the fact that I know that I could knit 4 socks and have 4 whole pairs! Just think of the gratification! (Pomotamus is fine and well and awaiting more patience than I have for lace right now.)

Just to show how that photo shoot looked in the space of time that it took me to turn away and look back:



I love that talent that cats have that allows them to appear as if they have been sound asleep for hours when the loose hair has barely settled.

I made a box bag too, but this post is already scattered and be-pictured enough. In other news, Bridges is making me a little crazy.

6 comments:

Adriana said...

Those are some good looking single socks. What yarn is the purple stuff?

Silly Molly. She just wants some attention :)

Heather G. said...

The yarn is Sock It To Me that I bought from Elann about a hundred years ago.

Molly just loves the ironing board.

Rosemary aka fabricfan said...

That is an incedible group of single socks. They all look like winners. Hey it would only take a sock a week to get them paired up. Of course, there would be no time for anything else.

Rachel said...

I rather love the image of you removing a shoe and sock in order to try on an on-the-needles handknit sock on the bus. I can understand why you'd opt not to do it, however.

I am in complete agreement about an array of single socks. They just represent a whole bunch of finished sock pairs within easy reach!

Heather G. said...

Rachel: I have totally done that! No more!!

Bertha said...

Oh man, I LOVE that curry sock!! Those are the best colors! Also I can't wait to see the box bag!