Sunday, November 4, 2007

Socktoberfest? (Heather)

I didn't officially participate in Socktoberfest, nor did I even think about it until November hit, but it does seem a good a time as any to take stock of my sock situation. An hour and a half a day spent on less than pristine buses and subway cars makes having a sock on the needles at all times an excellent idea. I even stopped bringing coffee to work in order to free up more knitting time. Unfortunately my typically rushed mornings mean that if I have a sock at some tricky stage (it is pushing the limits of my willingness to knit in public to try on a near-the-toe sock), I just grab another ball of yarn and some needles and start a new one.



I must say, purple is starting to grow on me.



I added diamonds to this sock to jazz it up a little.

I finished the first curry sock:



And I finished the first galaxy sock:



So hard to photograph this red properly.



Mike never says anything when I start a new sock, but apparently he does notice. When I laid out these three singleton socks to photograph them, he went off in search of others...



Hmm... I would think this were a problem, but for the fact that I know that I could knit 4 socks and have 4 whole pairs! Just think of the gratification! (Pomotamus is fine and well and awaiting more patience than I have for lace right now.)

Just to show how that photo shoot looked in the space of time that it took me to turn away and look back:



I love that talent that cats have that allows them to appear as if they have been sound asleep for hours when the loose hair has barely settled.

I made a box bag too, but this post is already scattered and be-pictured enough. In other news, Bridges is making me a little crazy.

6 comments:

Adriana said...

Those are some good looking single socks. What yarn is the purple stuff?

Silly Molly. She just wants some attention :)

Heather G. said...

The yarn is Sock It To Me that I bought from Elann about a hundred years ago.

Molly just loves the ironing board.

Anonymous said...

That is an incedible group of single socks. They all look like winners. Hey it would only take a sock a week to get them paired up. Of course, there would be no time for anything else.

Anonymous said...

I rather love the image of you removing a shoe and sock in order to try on an on-the-needles handknit sock on the bus. I can understand why you'd opt not to do it, however.

I am in complete agreement about an array of single socks. They just represent a whole bunch of finished sock pairs within easy reach!

Heather G. said...

Rachel: I have totally done that! No more!!

Bertha said...

Oh man, I LOVE that curry sock!! Those are the best colors! Also I can't wait to see the box bag!