Friday, November 9, 2007

WIPs (Adriana)

Not too much to report these days; school really is eating up all my knitting time. I have managed to make a little progress on a couple of projects during tv time.

gallery1
The Gallery Jacket by Cirilia Rose as seen on Ravelry
The pattern is from WEBS and coincidentally I'm using their house brand of yarn for it! So far it's an easy knit (1x1 ribbing) which makes it nice and mindless but 14 inches of this is disheartening.

I'm also working on Granny's Christmas Socks which have been renamed Santa Fe socks because of their colours and because Granny is there right now! (Or perhaps not. I'm not sure when her plane arrives)
santafe1
If you recall last time I knit socks for Granny I used a provisional cast-on, knit the foot, picked up the stitches and knit the leg. This time around I went toe-up, adapting the toe for Granny's preferences. Hopefully she won't notice a difference :)
I'm tag-teaming the socks, knitting the foot on one, then the other, then knitting 6" inches of the leg, before I put them both on two circs to do the calf increases at the same time. I am kicking myself for losing my notes from the last socks. This time I'm writing it down on a computer file and will put up on Ravelry.

That's it for me today. I'm off to the gym, then for groceries and then back to the computer to do work. There's so much to do and such a short time to do it in.
Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Team Knit said...

I loved making the Gallery Jacket- I can't wait to see how your turns out!
-Julie

Bertha said...

Oh man, that gallery jacket is going to look so great when it's done, but ugghhh 14" of 1 x 1 ribbing! It will be worth it in the end, but dang!

Heather G. said...

Yeah, I had the same ribbed-out feeling after York, but it will definitely be worth it.

Teamknits' Gallery Jacket is fabulous, did you see it?

Anonymous said...

I have no knitting done, so I am even jealous of ribbing. It will have a great fit. Your granny is so lucky.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the limited knitting time. I know how frustrating that is. Look on the bright side, though: once you finally get some more knitting time, you won't believe how quickly you get things done! Work just finally quieted down for me after months and months of stress, and I stunned myself by knitting a full adult cabled sweater in three weeks. So keep the faith! It'll happen to you someday! :)