Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas Swag (Adriana)

I think that gift getting occasions become even more exciting when you have an interesting hobby (*cough* obsession *cough*) like knitting. I always try to make things easier for my parents by giving them a very detailed wish list and since a number of my friends are knitters they give some seriously awesome gifts. Look at what Sam (celticghirl13 on Ravelry) gave me:

transitions
2 skeins of Noro Transitions! The purples and green colourway is so me. Thanks Sam!

I scored another skein of the same and I've started to make an Entrelac Scarf:
transitions scarf
Entrelac is seriously magical. I'd always been a little afraid of it but I'm really enjoying knitting it (I'm almost done the first skein, this picture is out of date). One day, when I have a fancy job, I'm totally going to make Lady Eleanor. Check out Julie's gorgeous version.

I've decided that I need a new grown-up wardrobe for my practicum that going on right now and in anticipation of that fancy job that I'm positive I'll get when I'm done school. To that end, I asked my parents for Silky Wool to make Ms. Marigold.
silky wool
I love that beautiful green colour.

When I originally made up my Christmas list my mom was going to be in Toronto and was willing to stop by Lettuce Knit to pick up some sock yarn for me (I requested some STR). Her trip ended up being cancelled and she tried to order it over the phone but unfortunately every colour that she thought I'd like they only had in medium-weight. After a few more failed attempts to order over the internet it was decided that she'd get me some Koigu from nearby Cloth and Clay. My parents loved this colourway and thought that I would too:
purple koigu

Obviously they were right
monkey7
Those are the Monkey socks I made for mom in the spring using purple Koigu :)
This purple Koigu is all mine!

My brother asked me what I wanted and so I sent him to the LYS with a few options. By the time Christmas rolled around I'd forgotten what I'd asked for so I was delighted to receive Regia sock yarn designed by Kaffe Fassett!
regia sock
I promptly cast on a stockinette sock but after turning the heel (sorry for yet another out of date picture) I put these aside to finish up Dad's Ginormous Socks, which are now almost done and will be blogged soon.

I'm off to Toronto again on this weekend but this time it's to visit Gen, Heather and Mike! We're going to see the dinosaurs at the ROM (hey ladies, want to take pictures of the walls again ;P) and hopefully fit in a visit to Lettuce Knit! I need more STR!!

4 comments:

Azura said...

Entrelac is my next scarf adventures (if/when I get yarn for it)

I may have to stock up on some things at the Lettuce Knits sale. Have you seen my stash on ravelry? It's seriously tiny ;)

Unknown said...

Whatta haul! You did well this Xmas. :D

Bertha said...

Wow, nice scores!!!

Team Knit said...

Wow, that's some seriously great yarn!! Good haul.
- Julie