Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Trio of Hats (Adriana)

I have a confession. I knit these hats in February but I didn't blog about them because I felt badly that one of the hats didn't fit. Last night I finally made myself frog the offending hat and reknit it (please don't point out that it's now too warm out for hats).

Back in January I was in a knitting slump and my dear friend Emma requested a slouchy hat. I found the pattern (Last Minute Purled Beret) and made it extra slouchy per her instructions.

purple slouch
It seems to have come out a smidge too big

We did have some fun posing the hat on her handsome cat Toby
toby4
toby1
It's a little too big for him too

This hat is in the process of being reknit and will hopefully be a better size this time. (The yarn is Mission Falls 1824 wool in Crocus)

Emma requested a red one and I wanted one too so I made us twin berets!
twin berets
At least this one fits (mostly. It's also a little too big but Emma's going with it).

And that is the story of the three hats. I hope everyone's having a nice weekend!

7 comments:

Heather G. said...

Well, she did say she wanted it extra slouchy, and all a knitter can do is aim to please!

Toby looks overwhelmed by slouch.

Unknown said...

That picture of Toby being covered (eaten alive??) by the hat is priceless! Nice hats, lady!

Anonymous said...

Heh, I like the disappearing kitty picture.

Bertha said...

Cute slouchy hats & kitty!

Kendyl Young said...

yeah. Been there, done that. My first last minute purled beret was also huge! The red one for you looks awesome, though.

Anonymous said...

I just have to leave a comment considering we share the same name. They are very large hats - how did this happen?

Anonymous said...

I just have to leave a comment considering we share the same name. They are very large hats - how did this happen?