A while back, we were chatting and it was suggested that perhaps if we had a shared blog, we would be motivated (or shamed) into posting more often. Not to mention it would be a fun way to keep on knitting together while in different cities. Hence the name!
What better time could there be to finally get our balls of yarn in a row and bring this idea to fruition than New Years?
So, without further adieu, our 2007 Knitting Resolutions!
This year I would like to knit more out of the stash, though not exclusively (like Heather is attempting to). I want to knit more shawls, now that I have successfully completed one. Now that my gym regime is paying off, I want to knit more sweaters and tanks! I also want to experiment with beads. My to-knit list for the upcoming year looks like this:
- Tubey (in Mission Falls 1824 Wool) from Knitty.com
- Tabachin (yarn unknown) from Eternal Noro
- Shawl (Rowanspun 4ply) in an undetermed pattern
- Socks for my Granny's 90th birthday!
- Lotus Blossom Tank (in Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy) from Interweave Knits Summer '06
- Finish my Swallowtail Shawl (in red Misti Alpaca laceweight) for Valentines Day
- A Scarf (in RYC Cashsoft DK) to match Odessa
- Greek Pullover (in some unknown yarn) from Interweave Knits Fall 2005
- A special gift for someone!
My knitting resolutions focus mainly on knitting some of the lovely yarn I have been squirreling away for the past few years! I will not be exempting sock yarn, as the sock stash threatens to eat the cats any day now. I made some last minute purchases in the last few days of 2006, so I am hoping that will tide me over for a while... I also want to try Fair Isle knitting this year, and I want to knit more for my husband. The things at the top of my list are:
- Mike Christmas Sweater: Take 2 (long, sad story there)
- Greek Pullover (in Rowan Kid Classic) from Interweave Knits Fall 2005
- Pomatomus Socks (in Fleece Artist Sock Yarn) from Knitty.com
- Hourglass Sweater (in stash yarn) from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
- Salina (in Rowan Felted Tweed) from Vintage Style/Knits
- Log Cabin Blanket (in Noro Kuryeon) from Mason-Dixon Knitting
- Some lovely sweater or cardi (in Jaeger Luxury Tweed)
- Jamesy (in Demin) from knitty.com for Mike
- Socks for me (in Trekking XXL)
- Socks for Mike (in Regia Silk)
Our goal with this blog is to update frequently, and with lots of pictures and thoughts to keep us inspired and connected. You are welcome to join us!