Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Audrey - 2 Bodies and a Sleeve (Adriana)

Audrey is coming along nicely. When I knit the front I sped up the increases which I think should make it fit better. Also, I realized that once again I had measured my work without stretching it out (I also did that with Odessa). This meant that I had to rip out the armhole shaping from the back :(
But now the front and the back are done and I finished the first sleeve this morning.
2 bodies and a sleeve2

Now I just have one more sleeve to go and the lace edging. I want to get those done by this time next week since I will hopefully be seeing Heather and I need her to teach me how to seam (eek!).

For my next trick, I will attempt to turn this:
stella

Into this:
retro redux shrug1

(I say attempt because the original pattern calls for wool and I'm using a silk/cotton blend. I think some swatching is in order).
Edit: a swatch has been made and miraculously I got gauge! I'm going to cast on tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be doing in the next week because I'm going home to help my parents finish getting our house ready to sell. I'll update if I have time and if I have any knitting to show :)

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

Man, you are really cooking on that sweater! This is going to be a new record or something.

Have fun at home, don't work too hard!

Rosemary aka fabricfan said...

http://www.studioknits.com/index.htm
This site has an online book on knitting finishing and her details on seaming is easy to understand and she has good photos. The pieces look great and it won't be long till you are ready to seam it and wear it.