Today has been a big day for me because I finished Audrey! But I'm going to save showing it off for a few more days (I like to build up the anticipation), and instead introduce you to what will probably be my favourite article of clothing this summer: my lacey green shrug (formerly known as the Retro-Redux Shrug but what does that really mean?).
The last time you saw it, it looked like this:
Since then I seamed the sleeves together (thanks Teacher Heather!) and I picked up and knit over 200 stitches (the second time around. The first time I had considerably less. The lesson learned, pay attention to inches vs centimeters).
Now it looks like this:
(Looks kind of like a devouring mouth, right?)
It looks better on a person, see?
And from the back
(Now that it's getting nicer out be prepared for many pictures taken from my balcony or the courtyard)
Now for the specs:
Pattern: Retro-Redux Shrug from Lace Style
Yarn: Debbie Bliss' Stella (60% silk, 20% rayon, 20% cotton), 4 balls plus a few meters of the 5th (if anyone has an idea what I can use the rest of the 5th ball for I'd be very grateful)
Needles: 5.5mm, 6mm and 6.5mm (the pattern uses different needles very creatively)
Date Started: March 8th, 2007
Date Finished: March 21st, 2007 (I think)
I took this project with me when I went home to help my parents finish getting their house ready to sell*. Needless to say, I didn't get much knitting done there although it was nice to have on the long bus rides there and back. The shrug then languished for a few days until Heather taught me to seam. After that it was smooth sailing!
This was a really fun project. The lace pattern was simple but beautiful and the Stella was a joy to knit with. I was concerned about substituting a silk/cotton yarn for the wool the pattern called for but it turned out perfectly. I am very happy with this project.
*They sold the house in three days for above the asking price!!