Saturday, April 7, 2007

Long Weekend (Heather)

This remote blog brought to you by my mom's computer. I hope everyone is having a spectacular Easter weekend! My mom is doing her best to send us each back at least ten pounds heaver. Last night she cooked a ten pound turkey for the four of us. If this continues, I may have to knit some pants.

I still have high hopes for Central Park to make its Easter debut tomorrow, despite the fact that it has only half a sleeve set in. I don't think this is a problem, since I am at Mom and Dad's and the many distractions that kept me from seaming thus far are absent.

On the other hand, lots of fun Easter distractions!



We employed a variety of dyeing techniques this year. I am craving hardboiled eggs so badly right now! Just... a few... more hours!

In order to make some actual progress, I only brought one knitting project besides the Central Park Seaming. You may remember this yarn from my mini-stash flash:



I am working these into another pair of gauntlets from Sally Melville's The Purl Stitch. This is a fantastic pattern for a beginner knitter. In fact, it was my very first knitted project in which I utilitzed that tricky maneouver called the purl stitch. Ah, memories. That pair was in Koigu also. This pair is going much more quickly than the first (maybe three years of frenzied knitting has something to do with that?)




Reposing on a bed of teeny-tiny petunias. You should have seen my mom's face when she saw this picture. I thought I might be sleeping outside tonight...

4 comments:

Adriana said...

Why didn't your mom want you to use her garden as a photo studio? Was she worried that the big bad gauntlet would hurt her baby petunias?

The gauntlets look good, albeit interesting. Who ever heard of Koigu flashing?

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!

While questionable from a fashion standpoint, knit pants sound quite useful. You could make them ribbed to accommodate maximum weight fluctuation. So no more unbuttoning of regular pants after a too-large holiday dinner! I think you're on to something.

Anonymous said...

I bet your hubby was in on the egg dyeing. Happy Easter.

Unknown said...

those are going to be some fun gauntlets!