So school is now back in session and I'm finding it hard to remember how juggle my time. It feels like I've barely knit at all these past few days. I guess it doesn't help that I've been primarily working on the Chevron Scarf which is slow going (though soooo beautiful!). I did manage to finish the big red scarf I made for my friend Emma's sister (who is coincidentally also named Adriana).
Emma had requested a uber long scarf, long enough to wrap twice around the neck, with pockets at the end that could double as mittens. Considering that I was designing this myself, I think I did a pretty good job recreating her idea.
Emma doing The Robot
Since I knew this was going to be a big scarf I insisted on bulky weight yarn. Emma chose Peruvian Highland wool (doubled) in Oxblood. I cast on 15 stitches with 7.5mm needles and knit in stockinette with 3 stitches in garter on either side. I actually did a provisional cast on to start with since I wasn't sure exactly how the pockets were going to play out. Once I got the desired length I reversed the stockinette so that the top of the pocket looked like the top of the scarf. I knit until it came just past the wrist and finished with 5 rows of garter stitch. Emma loves the scarf and hopefully her sister will too.
I've got to get to work on more interesting projects so I have something to blog about :)