Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Leela Pictures (Adriana)

Leela is done and has been for a while. With the chaos of the Fringe show there wasn't time to get pictures and then once the show was done I knew that I was about to get a fancy new haircut so I wanted to wait to show them both off at the same time.
Well the hair has been cut so the wait is over!

leela5
I love Leela and I love my hair! It's fun to have bangs and wispy layers (in the hair, not the tank :P) I do need to learn how to take care of my new haircut. There was near disaster this morning when my bangs all wanted to clump to one side of my head. I am really happy with my back-to-school haircut!
But enough about the hair, this is a knitting blog after all.

leela6
Close up of the lace portion (and my tummy!)

Details:
Pattern: Lelah Top by Christine Buhagiar (renamed Leela by the Jane)
Yarn: Rowan Calmer in Plum from Redbirdknits (birthday special)
Needles: Denise 5.5mm for the lace, 5mm for the top.
Date started: beginning of July-ish
Date finished: July 29th (I think)
Modifications: I adjusted the pattern for my gauge, made the body a little longer (13 pattern repeats) and added i-cord straps.
It was a fun pattern to make and the Calmer was a dream to knit with, as always. The ribbon had originally been purchased to go with Tempting so it's nice to have a new use for it.

In other knitting news, I'm almost done the Naive sock (I'll be finishing the toe today) which means that I'm going to be casting on a new project! I've also started some Christmas projects which must be done in secret but all will be revealed come January.

7 comments:

Bertha said...

Ooh! I love the tank, but your hair is totally fabulous! So cute!

Unknown said...

very nice! both Leela and your new hair look great!

Anonymous said...

Great hair, lovely new tank.

aija said...

Gorgeous! The ribbon is so nice, as is the new cut :)

Heather G. said...

I adore that hair style on you! And that plummy calmer is a great colour for you.

Anonymous said...

You're hair looks great! So does the top. Congrats on the entire look! (Maybe my hair will look so good some day.)

Christy said...

Cute top. It looks great on you.