Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A Secret Revealed (Adriana)

You might remember (though you probably don't) that last February I got really secretive. I was working on a mystery project and I only showed off a hint of what I was making. Well, the cat is out of the bag and has been gifted to the recipient.
Heather socks1
Yes, my friends, I was making socks for Heather! The first one was knit in February and the second in June/July (finished two weeks AFTER her birthday so it's a good thing I didn't see her until this weekend).

The yarn is Deegu which in the skein looked like this:
Heather socks2
I was aiming for shades of blue which I knew Heather would like but it ended up being too blue for my tastes so I tossed in the splash of pink.
I'm really please with how the yarn swirled when knit up. This is an example of the good kind of pooling :)

When Jane was up this weekend she got me back on track with the Naive socks and even took me through the harder set-up bits. This is a really fun pattern to knit, very intuitive once you get past the fiddly bits at the beginning, and I am really enjoying working on it.
naive heel flap
Sock with heel flap (I haven't done heel flaps in about a year and a half. I'm not looking forward to the gusset)

naive unstretched
Cables unstretched

naive cable close up
Cables stretched!!

I think it's time to get back to the Naive sock now. I'm almost done the heel flap and eager to turn that heel!

5 comments:

Heather G. said...

I had no idea that you had started them so long ago!

Unknown said...

adding that splash of pink to the blues in that yarn was genius!

what a fine-looking Naive sock! it's coming along nicely!

Anonymous said...

You're right, that is good pooling! I like the colors of the other ones as well.

Anonymous said...

I'll say that's a good kind of pooling! I absolutely love how those socks came out. It's amazing how the pink just blends in to lend a little bit of a subtle purply hue.

So nice that you made socks for your blogmate!

Anonymous said...

Lucky Heather, the socks look great, Adriana.